These vegan strawberry muffins are quite soft and moist for a wholesome breakfast pastry or daytime snack. I am not a vegan, but some recipes are SO good that I can’t help making them over and over again. This is one recipe that I have modified over the years and did enjoy.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
½ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 – 1 1/2 cups strawberries (If frozen, add only 1/2 cup milk)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Use coconut oil to grease the muffin tin and then set aside.
- In a small bowl combine milk and apple cider vinegar and then set aside to allow the mixture to curdle.
- In another bowl combine baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- For the liquids, get another bowl and combine the sugar, ginger, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Once, add the curdled almond milk/vinegar mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed together. A few lumps are OK. Just don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the strawberries (if frozen, drain liquid first).
- Spoon into muffin tins, filling each cup about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from heat and allow muffins to cool before removing from the tin.
I love cooking. It brings me back to my creative elements. There is always a story behind the even recipe and alterations the is personal to you. I hope you enjoy this recipe too.
#veganrecipe #veganrecipe #veganrecipeshare #veganrecipeideas #veganrecipeblog #veganrecipebook #strawberryginger #muffins #strawberrymuffins #vegan #veganfood #veganfoodshare #veganeats #veganbreakfast #breakfast #food