These raspberry coconut macaroons are something I make to remind me of a warmer sunny day. It is a cold day in Brooklyn, and I rather be indoors. Sometimes, my anxiety can be raised if I sit too long, so to keep myself occupied, I love to try recipes from the ingredients that I already have in my home.
I am pretty sure you can add any berry or no berries to the cookie. You can also but vegan ingredients if you aren’t into dairy products. Either way, when you take a bite, hopefully, it will give you that warm and cozy vibe of a summertime night.
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 and 3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Prepare by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Do not put your dough in until the oven is at 325°F
- For about 2 minutes, in a large bowl using a mixer with paddle accessory, whipped the sugar, egg whites, and vanilla together egg whites, sugar, and vanilla together on medium to high speed until frothy and the sugar dissolved.
- Then add in the shredded coconut gradually, making sure the coconut is evenly moistened.
- The batter will be moist and gluey.
- Cover the mixture tightly with plastic wrap or wax paper and refrigerator for 30 minutes. This will allow the coconut to become moist.
- Meanwhile, pat your raspberries dry with a paper towel or cloth. You don’t want them too wet.
- Once the 30 minutes are over, unwrap the dough and fold in the raspberries into the coconut batter.
- Scoop 2 Tablespoons of the batter and place in on the prepared baking sheet it should be about 2 inches apart. Make sure the mounds are very dense but round.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the cookie is lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool thoroughly on the baking sheets before eating.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and stay warm (or cool in you are in the summer season) today.
You are pretty awesome for reading this, so thank you!
Let me know if you have any recommendations for recipes or questions below.
#recipe #recipetohappiness #recipebinders #recipeforlife #Recipeforyou #recipeideas #Recipeoftheday #RecipeDiaries #RecipesForDays #recipesoftheday #recipedeveloping #recipeofweek #recipesbyme #Raspberry #Coconut #Macaroons #Berries #MacaroonRecipe #mindfulcooking #DBT #anxiety #mentalhealth